Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Late Nights


This blogs is focused primarily on my obsession with Showtimes hit show Californication. I love this show and cannot get enough of hank moody!!! I guess this stems from my desire to be a writer and the fact that I love women just as much as he does. I get everything but the drugs and alcohol that are portrayed in the series. I don’t do drugs and I rarely do alcohol. I guess I can officially say I LOVE my life whereas Hank Moody hates his.

The show points out the main idea that writers need to be inspired to produce anything meaningful. This shit doesn’t happen on its own. For me I’m inspired everyday. Like yesterday a young girl and boy came to my door selling books on religion. I for one was inspired to write a story after they left, but did I, no unfortunately I skipped the opportunity.

I love the sexiness, rawness, and realness of the show of a guy whose making money doing nothing. Love it!

Another aspect about the show that I really like is how frugal Hank is. He know what he likes and intends on keeping it. Like his beat up convertible, I think one of the rear view mirrors falls off but he still keeps driving it. His apartment. He just has a place that’s somewhat decorated (I’m sure not by him). But he doesn’t over do it. He doesn’t care about material things, unless it’s his car. It’s just nice to see someone not focused on being rich and rubbing it in other peoples faces.
I need to be more frugal.

Okay here’s the fun part, now onto my writing! I know your all excited. I am doing yet another rewrite on my novel Jaded Proposal, how cool is that. Okay I know I just put the first letter down, but that’s to protect myself in case the book is a New York Times best seller. Yeah…uh…not in this lifetime, but I still hold onto my dream!! Not everything is about vampires. Sheesh!

I am taking a break from the elements and focusing on my writing. I like to be in your face and real in my stories. What does that mean? It means I like to air the dirty laundry of society through my writing. I guess I should have been a journalist, I like fiction better. I like to believe that creepy shit in my writing doesn’t really happen even though I know it does.

So my gf nephew is staying with us and today I plan on sticking it to him like a bug on a drop of honey. Get a  job or get tout!! It’s that simple!

Okay enough ranting for now. I’ll see you folks tomorrow!!!

Pic of the day!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment