Saturday, February 2, 2013

Gossip...what???

So I have fallen victim to Netflix and it vast library of sitcoms. So I started watching with Dawson's Creek and watched all but one season. I just couldn't get into them going to college and all the drama that ensued. I think because the writers changed or something  It was like the same thing over and over again. Or it could have been not enough people weren't involved.

There was just something missing, maybe it was number of main characters. There were four, Joey, the cute, smart, girl next-door: Pacey, the attractive bad boy,  Dawson's, the guy next door who always does the good thing and Jen, the bad girl from the big city. it wasn't enough to keep the story alive. Even though the numbers were staggering in the form of viewers, I was one of the many people to press fast forward and get to the part where Jen dies leaving her best gay friend her child.

But with the new Dawson's Creek aka Gossip Girl is addicting. At least to me. Maybe it's because I don't have anything to do on a Saturday night, but watch television and do laundry. Okay so after viewing four seasons I'm still watching it. It's got the drama, action, sex appeal, and characters that act out on their ambitions  most people have but are afraid to admit. The one thing I love about the show is that none of the character have a New York accent. But yet they are born and breed there. It's kind of like when they made that movie The Avatar and all the characters are Asian in the cartoon but American in the movie.  It made the move cheap and rushed.

Needless to say Gossip Girl got something right in that they writing has so many twist and turns that you don't see coming. They reel you in and you wind up spending hours in front of the boob tube.

Okay that's all for now folks. I'll write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment