Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Host

I have never read the book The Host, by Stephanie Meyer, although I ave heard not so great things about it. When I first saw that it was becoming a movies I was estatic. Especially when I learned that Saoirse Ronon, the girl that played in The Lovely Bones was to be in it, I couln’t wait for the release.  Unfortunately due to life happening, I was not able to see it on the big screen, but waited till it was released on cable On demand.
At first I didn’t know what to think. It was like the move started at the end an then went forward and backwards at the same time. I felt that it was rushed at time and too vague at others. I like the fact that the alien being that was inside humans was truly beautiful and only wanted peace. And they are right we are killing the world and abusing it. So they go that message right on. I didn’t quit like that they were called Souls though, a more imaginative name could have been created. This was probably due to the fact that the book was pushed through production due to the populatrity of Stephanie Meyer’s Twilight Series. It was instant stardom.
The rest of the cast in the move were quite believable, but again they felt rushed in spots. Overall I would say that if you would like to watch a movie just for the heck of it, then put this one on. It might captivate you or it might not. Here’s a clip what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment